Install Lineage OS on Lenovo Tab 2 (TB2-X30F)
In our last tutorial we described the process to install TWRP on Lenovo tablets. In this article we will describe how to install Lineage OS (Android 7.1) on the Lenovo TAB tablets using TWRP.
Install Lineage OS on Lenovo Tab 2. Attention! This operating system can be installed only using TWRP and it doesn’t work to be installed as an update.
These are the steps to follow in order to install Lineage OS:
- Install TWRP Recovery. You can find here a step-by-step tutorial;
- Download the Lineage OS (Android 7.1) image from here;
- Download Gapps from here;
- Extract the downloaded archive at step 2 and transfer the image on the tablet’s SD card or in its internal memory;
- Do the same thing (as in step 4) with the Gapps archive, without unarchiving it;
- Access TWRP mode. To access recovery mode, turn off the tablet, press and hold the keys Volume UP + Power button. After the display turns on, stop pressing the power button and after 4 seconds stop pressing also the volume button. The TWRP recovery mode will automatically open.
- Before installing, we must make sure the tablet is connected to the charger, to avoid the risk of a sudden crash which would turn off the tablet during the install.
- In TWRP we select Install, select the SD card (if the image is on the SD card) and we glide the arrow to start;
- The installing takes pretty long (somewhere around 20-30 minutes). We must be patient and do not interrupt the process;
- After the operating system install is finished, select the Gapps archive and we install this too;
- Restart the tablet and wait for the operating system to boot (it will take longer than usual, being the first time);
These are the steps required to install Lineage OS on Lenovo Tab 2. It is important to mention that the tablet can be irreversibly damaged (bricked) if the steps above are not followed accordingly. Also, we are not responsible for possible problems which can occur during this process. All these operations are made on your own risk.
For any problem or question, don’t hesitate to write us a message using the comment section below.