Review TV BOX MXQ PRO 4K and how to hard reset/troubleshoot different problems
If you have a non-smart TV device and you want more from it then a TV Box MXQ Pro 4K is the solution. We can do different things with this TV Box including playing files from an external drive, playing videos on YouTube or sharing smartphone’s screen on the TV, all these things can be easily done using the TV BOX MXQ Pro 4K.
When I first saw the box I thought this is a professional device. The plastic is not low quality and it doesn’t seem like a cheap gadget. The box contains the TV box, an HDMI father-father cable, the power cable, the remote controller and the manual.
About the device
The device has 4 USB slots, 1 SD card slot, 2 auxiliary ports (SPDIF/AV), one HDMI port, one ethernet (RJ45) port and the power supply port.
From an architecture point of view, the device MXQ Pro 4k is smartly designed. The power and HDMI slots are placed on the rear end so they are not visible from the front side.
For cooling, the device has on the lower side an adapted case so it allows the motherboard to cool.
I had a small surprise when I saw the device was rooted.
Specifications for TV Box MXQ Pro 4K Android
- Chipset: Amlogic S905 Quad Core Cortex-A53 at 2.0GHz
- GPU: Penta-Core Mali-450 at 600MHz+
- Storage: 8GB NAND FLASH
- RAM: 1 GB, DDR3
- Operating system: Android 6
- 3D: Hardward 3D graphics acceleration
- HDMI: HDMI 1.4b with CEC
- AV: Support
- Bluetooth: Not available
- LAN: Ethernet:10/100M, standard RJ-45
- Wireless: Yes
- Supported formats: HD MPEG1/2/4, H.265, 4K-HD, HD AVC/VC- 1, RM/RMVB, Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6, RealVideo8/9/10
- Media formats supported: Avi/Rm/Rmvb/Ts/Vob/Mkv/Mov/ISO/wmv/asf/flv/dat/mpg/mpeg
- Audio formats supported: MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/AC3/DDP/TrueHD/DTS/DTS/HD/FLAC/APE
- Image formats supported: HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF
- USB: 4 High speed USB 2.0, supports U DISK and USB HDD
- Card reader: SD/SDHC/MMC cards
- HDD file system: FAT16/FAT32/NTFS
- Subtitles supported: SRT/SMI/SUB/SSA/IDX+USB
- High Definition video output: SD/HD max.1920×1080 pixel
- Mouse/ Keyboard: USB mouse and keyboard are supported;
- SPDIF/IEC958: Coaxial
- Power supply: DC 5V/2A
- Power LED: On: Blue, Standby:Red
- Online apps: Skype chatting,Picasa,Youtube,Flicker,Facebook,Online movies,etc.
As a general opinion, the TV Box MXQ 4k is worth its money. Even if it has its problems, we can ignore them considering this device offers us important functions.
How to hard reset the TV Box MXQ Pro 4k?
- Disconnect the device from the power supply.
- Inside the AV slot insert a match or a thin stick until you find a small button, hold that button for a few seconds and connect the power supply. You must hold the button pressed until you can see the logo on the screen followed by a restart. After the restart, you can stop pressing the button.
- You will have a menu on the screen. Using a keyboard connected through USB, select wipe data/factory reset and press Tab.
- Select delete all user data and press Tab.
- Wait for the process to finish and then select reboot and press Tab.
How to share a smartphone screen on the TV using the TV Box MXQ Pro 4k?
Sharing the phone’s display on the TV can be done following these steps:
- Open on the TV Miracast app (it’s already installed).
- On the phone settings select Share (Mirror) Screen (if you can’t find this option, leave a commend mentioning what smartphone model you’re using and we’ll try to help you).
Note: In order to be able to share the phone’s screen, we must have both devices on the same internet network (for example, both connected on the same wireless network), if they are connected on different networks (for example the tv box on wireless and the phone on mobile data) it will not work.
In case you are having problems with the TV Box MXQ Pro 4k or you want additional information, please leave a comment containing as many details as possible.